The Shift Workshop - May 14 & June 4th 6:30pm-8:30pm
This cowl is the perfect all-the-time accessory! And the answer for all of those knitters out there who love to knit shawls, but have a hard time styling them. A fun and engaging knit with shifting colors, that looks like an asymmetrical triangle shawl, and it only takes a fiddle-free second to throw it on as the finish to every outfit!
Prerequisite Skills: cast on, slip stitch, M1R and M1L, knit stitch and purl stitch
- The Shift Pattern
- Needles to obtain gauge gauge, stitch markers, tapestry needle.
- Tapestry needle
- Highlighting tape (to mark rows) is highly recommended.
Prep Work: Complete gauge watch as per pattern instructions. Do not cut your yarn or block your swatch (you will be reusing this yarn). Adjust your needle size if necessary so you get gauge. If you are unsure how to make or measure a proper gauge swatch, please contact the store for guidance.
- It is critical to have your prep work completed prior to class to get the most out of this workshop.
- Students Should Know How To Knit, Purl, Increase, Decrease And Will Learn About M1R and M1L.
- Andrea Mowry's Shift pattern is not included in the workshop fee. The pattern is $7 and available on Ravelry. You may purchase the pattern from the studio and it will be added to your Ravelry library.